Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Save the World by Saving the Family

I have absolutely LOVED taking this course this semester. I could never even begin to describe all that I have learned.

The overarching theme of this course, at least the one that has resonated with me, is that if we wish to save to world, we must do it by saving the family. I like this quote from Barbara Bush:

“Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house.”

My future family, although I have not met its members yet, is among my very most important priorities. I am doing my best to allow the Lord to shape my character to be a wife and mother and woman who is kind, loving, gentle, meek, teachable, and strong in the strength of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment